Sword & Shield
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Sword & Shield is a two-player turn-based perfect information board game invented by Marco Servetto. The goal of the game is to defeat your opponent by moving your pieces toward their base and move or push a sword wielding piece next to it to attack it. All the while your opponent will try to do the same to your base.
Each player owns 24 game pieces that have 4 slots in each direction that are armed with either a sword, a shield or nothing at all. When a sword faces another piece a reaction happens:
• If a sword faces a blank edge, the other piece is eliminated
• If a sword faces another sword, both pieces are eliminated
• If a sword faces a shield, the sword wielding piece is pushed back a space
• If a sword faces a player’s base, the base’s owner loses the game
Every turn the player may spawn a new piece onto their spawn tile and then move every piece currently on the board once. After that the player’s turn ends.
This implementation of the game comes with an AI to play against which I developed for my Honours project while I was at University. I had such great fun making the AI for the game, that I thought I should publish the game.
This well polished game comes with many great features:
• You can play against the AI, with your friends, or against a random opponent online
• The smarter your device, the more dangerous your AI opponent will be! The difficulty is determined by how long you let the AI think for!
• You can customize the colour of your pieces
• 15+ minutes of original music tracks!
• Comes in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish!
• Can be played on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android
This is a great game for board game enthusiasts or a strategy game fans. It is a novel game and unique experience, you won’t find anything else like it. Give it a try and see if you can master it!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android|
|Release date||Jan 15, 2020|
|Tags||2D, artificial-intelligence, Board Game, Casual, Multiplayer, Pixel Art, Singleplayer, Turn-based|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 2|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.